Dear Cheese Lovers,
Discover your cheese passion in culinary and put your skills to the test by entering the second Cheese Lady Grand Rapids Grilled Cheese Sandwich Competition brought to you by Cheese Lady Grand Rapids and Rowerdink Incorporated. The winner(s) of the competition will receive:
Judges Choice: $100 Cheese, $100 Cash
People’s Choice: $75 Cheese, $75 Cash
NOTE: In the unlikely event of a tie, teams will split the winnings
We will provide:
- 10×10 space
- hand washing station
- Sanitary gloves
- Up to 1 pound of cheese
- Small plates and napkins
Contestants must provide:
- Cooking ware and Equipment for cooking, including power and or fuel
- Anything you need to make for your sandwiches
When it’s Time for You to Grill
Please arrive by 11:30am. When you check-in at the event, there will be a brief meeting with organizers and competitors. You will be assigned an area to set up your station. When it comes time for you to compete, you’ll report to your cooking station and get ready. Professional Judges for the awards will give you fair warning when they are ready to sample your creation. You will bring it to them at a designated place and time. You will have 5 minutes to talk to the judges about your entry. People’s Choice judges will be sampling after the Professional judges. Please do not give samples to the general public. Only judges are allowed to sample your sandwiches.
Bread – Any leavened or unleavened, flour-based and baked thing that looks like and is considered to be “bread” by any cultural or ethnic interpretations.
Butter – For the purposes of simplicity, all sandwich-grilling lubricants will be hereafter referred to as “Butter.” You can use oils or margarines if you prefer…. But why!!!!
Cheese – Made from milk, goat, cow, lamb, soy, or almond-derived.
GENERAL RULES and REGULATION:
- The competition is a Grilled Cheese Competition so your primary ingredient should be Cheese.
- You may have up to 3 non-cheese/bread ingredients:
- Herb/Herb Blend (multiple herbs are considered one ingredient)
- You must have enough sandwiches to provide about 60 samples for the people’s choice judges.
- People’s choice judge sample doesn’t have to be huge; it should be at least .5 to 1” square or larger. The judges will be identified by the official ballot they will be carrying, please mark your box after they receive their sample.
- There will be only 4 judges for judges’ choice awards; you should provide them each with at least 1/8th of a sandwich.
- Entrants to the competition are required to abide by the competition rules.
- The organizers are not liable for any loss or damage, whether direct, indirect, consequential or Otherwise arising from any cause whatsoever, which may be suffered by the entrants Participating in the competition
- To enter the competition, please complete the registration form and pay a non-refundable application fee. Registration Fee: $40.00
- Each contestant will receive up to one pound of cheese ($20 credit at The Cheese Lady)